Deal sites have been around for quite a while now, and since then many have come and gone – while others remain and become bigger and more popular than ever. There’s a reason these sites have stood the test of time and its because they met a well needed demand.
Consumers love to save money and that’s exactly what these deal sites do – save consumers dollars. So let’s take a look at what we consider the top 5 Chicago deal sites to visit. Looking for something fun and affordable to do this weekend? Try one of the many deals offered on the sites below.
- Crowd Seats – this is a ticket deal site that has a Chicago category and whatever ticket need you have, Crowd Seats most likely has it in stock and ready to ship or buy online. From sports (Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, etc) to popular Chicago plays and top notch Chicago concert events. Good deals can be found through Crowd Seats or you can offer up the discounted event tickets as a gift idea.
- Trivago Chicago – is a hotels deal site with a Chicago section. You can search by reviews, stars, price, location, amenities or simply by name. They have an app for those who prefer to search while on the go. The site also has good information on each hotel, complete with lots of photos and some with even video. Customer reviews are available and readily displayed for a variety of hotels to help you make a decision one way or the other. Basically Trivago is a hotels search engine making it easier and faster for you to find the perfect (and affordable) Chicago lodging for you and your family.
- Groupon – this city based deal site has been around long enough, where you most likely have already heard of it, maybe even used it a few times. But did you know Groupon is based in Chicago and has been since 2008. In fact, today Groupon celebrates its 8th year anniversary as according to Wikipedia – the company was founded on January 15th, 2008. Congrats!!! This site has it share of fans (as well as non-fans) but there’s no mistaking the sheer number of AWESOME DEALS that you can find through this site. And specifically for Chicago – from restaurants to local business services and hotels to entertainment; Groupon has it all.
- Living Social – Living Social like #3 on our list also has lots of discounts on dining, fashion, services, travel and more. However for some reason, this site didn’t quite take off like Groupon did, but its still around and still has fabulous deals you can score. As I write this, Living Social Chicago has 1,077 deals for you to look at and benefit from. Such as Admission for 1,2 or 4 to a Chinatown food tour of Chicago or how about some Tango classes. This is definitely a fun site with many different types of deals offered. Enjoy!
- Goldstar Chicago – this is perhaps the least known of the deal sites on my list, but not sure why when it has really great offerings. Especially in Chicago entertainment such as comedy shows, musicals, local plays, conventions, dinner shows and more. For example, why pay full price on a pair of tickets to go see the awesome Blue Man Group extravaganza when you can pay almost half. Why? We say head on over to Goldstar Chicago and net yourself some savings and see a great show all at the same time. image source: (Goldstar)
If you found this Chicago deals sites list helpful, please share it on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. (pretty please and thank you!)
We appreciate you visiting, reading and or sharing. 🙂